Fibroid Treatment Dallas Texas
We take the least invasive approach to fibroid treatment.
So you can keep your uterus, recover faster, andget back to your life as quickly as possible.
We take the least invasive approach to uterine fibroid treatment.
So you can keep your uterus, recover faster, and get back to your life as quickly as possible.
Fibroid Treatment Dallas Texas
Dr. Aaron Fritts, MD
Interventional & Vascular Specialists
Dr. Aaron Fritts is a board-certified Vascular & Interventional Radiologist that specializes in minimally invasive uterine fibroid treatment (UFE) in Dallas Texas. Dr. Fritts is passionate about helping women overcome the debilitating symptoms of uterine fibroids, and because of his continued commitment to high quality care, Dr. Fritts was recently selected as a SuperDoctors Rising Star and has been voted one of D-Magazine’s best doctors in Dallas. IVC can be your fibroid treatment center! Read full bio.
“From the moment I setup the initial appointment to speak with Dr. Fritts, to after my final procedure, the entire staff was phenomenal.”
– Erin in Dallas, TX
Fibroid Care in Dallas, TX
Fibroids can develop at various locations throughout the uterus at sizes ranging from undetectable growths to massive tumors that distort the shape of the uterus and obstruct nearby organ systems. Fibroids receive the majority of their blood supply directly from the uterine arteries and have a tendency to grow over time if left untreated.
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
Heavy bleeding is the most common symptom of fibroids. Bleeding abnormalities include:
- Heavy menstrual bleeding or prolonged duration of menstrual bleeding (longer than 6 days)
- Bleeding between periods
- Frequent periods, more often than every 24 days
- Irregular or unpredictable periods
Fibroids can cause a variety of pain patterns that depend on the size and location of the fibroids:
- Acute or chronic pelvic pain
- Excessively painful periods, pain after period ends, or pain occurring mid-cycle
- Pain during intercourse or when using the bathroom
- Backache / leg pain
Growing fibroids can press on the nearby gastrointestinal and urinary organ systems, causing:
- Pressure sensations on the bladder or inside your abdomen
- Frequent urination, difficulty urinating, or urinary incontinence
- Constipation or tenesmus (persistent feeling of having to use the bathroom)
- Bloating or weight gain, especially in the pelvic region
Fibroid Risk Factors
- Older Age | women in their 40’s and 50’s are much more likely to have fibroids than younger women
- African American | black women are at 2 to 3 times higher risk of developing fibroids than white, hispanic, or asian women
- Obesity, High Blood Pressure, and Diabetes | these conditions have been associated with higher fibroid risk
- Hormone Levels | estrogen and progesterone, hormones produced by the ovaries, are thought to contribute to fibroid growth
- Family History | fibroids may run in your family
IVC is a fully staffed fibroid imaging and treatment center that can help you confirm if you’re living with fibroids, and give you a head start on understanding your options if you’re fibroid positive. We’ll help relieve your fibroid symptoms and get fibroid pain treatment. Give us a call to book your consultation.
Fibroid Screening in Dallas, TX
Uterine fibroid embolization is available at IVC in Dallas, TX.
Advantages of Uterine Fibroid Embolization
UFE Procedure: a small tube called a catheter is guided through the blood vessels to reach the fibroids. Microbeads are injected through the catheter into the fibroid, blocking the fibroid’s blood supply.
The UFE procedure takes less than an hour and involves no major incisions
Rapid Recovery Time
UFE has the least downtime of any fibroid procedure.
UFE keeps the uterus healthy and intact, so pregnancy is still possible afterwards.
Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) Q&A
Have questions about uterine fibroid embolization? We have answers.
UFE Procedure: Unlike surgery, UFE does not require any major incisions. The procedure is done by an Interventional & Vascular Specialist using small tubes and wires.
Treatment Options Summary
Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)
Fibroid Treatment in Dallas, TX
Call us anytime M-F, 8am-5pm
Email us or use this message box.
We typically respond within 3-5 minutes.
 Zimmermann (2012). Prevalence, symptoms and management of uterine fibroids: An international internet-based survey of 21,746 women. BMC Women’s Health, 12(1), 6.
 Pavone (2018). Epidemiology and Risk Factors of Uterine Fibroids. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. Jan; 46:3-11.
 Gupta (2014). Uterine artery embolization for symptomatic uterine fibroids ( Review ). Cochrane Library, (5).
 Faustino (2017). Update on medical treatment of uterine fibroids. European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 216, 61–68.
The Materials available on ivcmd.com are for informational and educational purposes only and are not a substitute for the professional judgment of a healthcare professional in diagnosing and treating patients.
12840 Hillcrest Rd Unit E104
Dallas, TX 75230